|Here you will find information about the club and some examples of work produced by children. Every Tuesday, 3:15pm – 4:00pm future animators and budding film makers from year 3 – year 6 gather to design, create and film short animations and movies.|
What does the Club Offer?
At our Animation / Film club we use stop motion apps, flip paper animation as well as Play-Doh and caricatures to create the short pieces of animation.
Children use their time to explore and investigate the Apps, the manipulatives and the iPad before planning and creating ideas.
We film short trailers and videos linked to children’s topic and hobbies to develop their creative skills and confidence.
Children are advised to seek permission from their parents before downloading any free apps on to their personal devices. This is to promote e-safety. These apps will also allow children to continue developing their skills at home!
Benefits of Stop Motion Animation & Filming:
– Offers children ownership and autonomy in the film making process
– Teaches children the process of stop motion animation and how it works
– Shows the mechanics of creating movie scenes Encourages problem solving through creativity
– Further develops children’s technology skills
– Supports and develops motor skills with hands on objects and technology
– Encourages children to prepare, plan and execute a project through story telling
– Compliments experimentation through trying and re visiting
– Supports team working and friendship
| Our club is a fun place to learn and be creative