As you know, the government are expecting schools to reopen for Year 6, Reception and Year 1 in June. Schools are being asked to continue to provide ‘care’ for the children of key workers and vulnerable families.
During the phased return of children to school our priority will always be the well-being and safety of pupils, staff members, parents and the wider community.
If you do decide to send your child into school, there will be a number of measures in place to try to keep your child as safe as possible; however, schools can only minimise risk and we cannot completely eradicate the risk presented by Covid-19.
School will not be operating as usual when it reopens: there will be changes which will be shared with you in the coming weeks this may include a rota system and part-time timetables. We will be following the government guidance on the increase of the number of children attending school however this will always be guided by the well-being and safety of pupils, staff members, parents and our wider community.
The government guidance clearly states, ‘We know that, unlike older children and adults, early years and primary age children cannot be expected to remain 2 metres apart from each other and staff.’ Subsequently, we cannot guarantee this safety measure for your child if you return them to school.
Also, in line with government guidance, I feel it is important that you are made aware of the following:
• Due to upper limits on class sizes, it will not always be possible for all pupils to be with their year group class teacher and teaching assistants will be leading all learning activities in some classes.
• Pupils will not be provided or required to wear face coverings during the school day.
• Playtimes and lunchtimes will be staggered during the day.
• Drop off and pick up times will be staggered during the day.
• Home learning will continue to be set. If your child is in Reception, Y1 or Y6, please complete the survey to help us understand your views on this matter. It will always be your choice whether your child comes back to school. Parent /Carers will not be fined for nonattendance at this time.
It will always be your choice whether your child comes back to school. Parent /Carers will not be fined for non-attendance at this time.
We are currently undertaking risk assessments and initially we will be having Year 1 and Year 6 in on a phased return. We will be starting on June 10th for Year 6 pupils and June 16th for Year 1 pupils. More details will follow, for the parents with children in these year groups.
There will be no extra- curricular activities or Breakfast Club, we are inhibited from offering this because it would involve a mixing of the groups of children, which is not permitted at this stage.
Reception and Nursery will not be offered a place at this moment in time.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any concerns or questions you may have about this information. I am more than happy to try and answer any questions that you may have.
Ms PA Stennett